EZFW scale 1:2.0 wheel 178 mm
Following the trend towards light and stable undercarriages, we have switched the entire range of our undercarriages to retractable undercarriages, which consist of CFRP side parts and aluminum uprights. All components have been modified to be lightweight and yet stable.
The side parts of the undercarriage on a scale of 1:2.0 with a 178 mm wheel are made of 5.0 mm CFRP. All milled edges are provided with a 45 degree phase, so that these parts do not pose a risk of injury and the haptic is very pleasant. Servo wings for a standard-sized servo are installed on the left and right of the side panels as standard. This eliminates the need to purchase additional servo mounts and the servos for the wheel drive and the brake servo can be installed directly. It is intended to be fixed with M3 screws, the holes that match the servo are already available in the servo mounts.
Weight-optimized and shapely design thanks to CNC-manufactured geometry. Due to the mechanical design, the wheel is firmly locked in the extended/retracted state. This means that the wheel cannot be extended by centrifugal forces, e.g. during a loop. The undamped version is fastened in the glider between 2 frames
- the attachment in the glider in the damped version is done on a main frame, the movable part of the undercarriage is only guided laterally in a thin frame at the back
- the installation height of the EZFW in the fuselage is variable
- the moving parts are mounted in brass bushings
The basic equipment consists of:
- the two side parts in 5.0 mm carbon
- the two swingarms in 5.0 mm aluminum material AW-7075 (mirror polished)
- the required spacer bolt
- Servo mounts for two servos
- the swivel mechanism incl. drive lever
- the required stainless steel screws
- 1 solid rubber wheel 178 mm from FEMA (the FEMA wheel is already equipped with our ball bearing conversion kit)
- Two front flange plates for attaching the landing gear in the main bulkhead
(these allow the chassis to be moved backwards/upwards for anti-vibration mounts/suspension)
The trolleys have a modular structure and can therefore be put together individually.