EZFW SLIM-LINE in scale 1:4.0 wheel 90mm
Since there are only a few landing gears available on the market for this scale, we took on the issue and designed a light but stable retractable landing gear.
The side parts of the undercarriage on a scale of 1:4.0 with 90 mm wheels are made of 4.0 mm GRP (colored black). All milled edges are machined so that these parts do not pose a risk of injury and the feel is very comfortable.
The steering knuckles are made of 4.0 mm high-strength aluminum (AW 7075 T6) and are mirror-polished.
The attachment of the wheel drive servo is new: This is attached on the back between the side panels, which means that the servo wings on the side can be dispensed with. A 10 mm wing servo with 10 kg/cm torque at HV is used. The screw connections for M2 screws are pressed into the GRP as brass inserts.
Due to this construction, the trolleys are very narrow and find enough space in every fuselage of the scale 1:4.0. Hence the name SLIM-LINE.
Weight-optimized and shapely design through CNC-manufactured geometry. Due to the mechanical design, the wheel is firmly locked in the extended/retracted state. This means that the wheel cannot be extended by centrifugal forces, e.g. during a loop.
- The attachment in the glider is fixed between two frames or at the back together with the vibration rubber mount
- the landing gear is locked at the front with a cross brace in the main bulkhead
- the installation height of the EZFW in the fuselage is variable
- the moving parts are mounted in brass bushings
The basic equipment consists of:
- the two side parts in 4.0 mm GRP / black
- the two swingarms in 4.0 mm aluminum high-strength
- the required spacer bolt
- Servo mount for a 10 mm wing servo with M2 drive-in nuts and the appropriate screws
- the swivel mechanism incl. drive lever
- the required stainless steel screws
- 1 foam rubber wheel 90 mm with aluminum rim, 6.0 mm wheel axle and ball bearings
All trolleys have a modular structure and can therefore be put together individually.
There are the following additional equipment for the chassis optionally available:
- wheel cover
- wheel shoe brake (the servo for actuating the brake is outsourced in front of the main frame and it is pulled with a cord)
- Linkage with two M3 clevises and a CFRP tube over the M3 threaded rod
Weight: the chassis weighs in the standard equipment 314 grams, fully equipped 384 grams. We deliberately accepted a few grams of extra weight in favor of a very stable and durable chassis.
A notice: on some pictures the chassis can be seen in full equipment. Reference is made to the above scope of delivery.