FES-HYBRID-EZFW scale 1:3.5 with wheel 100 mm
Our new and innovative HYBRID retractable undercarriage for FES gliders (Front Electric Selflaunch/Sustainer)
The chassis was developed to meet the special starting conditions of the FES models and has THREE mechanically locked positions:
- Starting position (wheel axle is moved forward by 49-66 mm and the model stands 11-15 mm higher, depending on the scale)
- Landing gear retracted
- Landing gear down
Advantages of this forward and elevated wheel position:
- the pitching moment of the model is counteracted
- The risk of threading the propeller in bad take-off places is reduced
- the model stays on the ground with the tail on the start
- No need to install the EZFW outside of the ideal position
- the landing gear in the starting position raises the model by 11-15 mm. The steering knuckles of the FES chassis then do not have to be lengthened by this distance in order to obtain sufficient ground clearance. The chassis are therefore optically very close to a standard chassis (no stork leg look due to very long steering knuckles).
The effect of the starting position can you see here in the video beautiful (Redirects to YouTube when clicked!)
The FES landing gear is specially made for your model and the planned propeller. To do this, please use the button at the top right below FES planning.
The standard equipment of the FES HYBRID chassis includes:
- two side parts made of carbon in 4.0 mm
- two swingarms made of aluminum in 5.0 mm (mirror polished)
- a FEMA wheel with ball bearings and 8.0 mm axle
- Four integrated carbon servo mounts for 2 standard servos
- new innovative drive lever
- front attachment in the main bulkhead by 2 torsion plates
- incl. 180 degree servo for the wheel drive / HV servo / 35 kg-cm positioning force / 2 ball heads from MP-Jet and fully adjusted linkage
The standard version of the undercarriage is designed for installation between two frames. It can optionally be stored dampened with anti-vibration rubber bearings. In order to make the necessary movement of the chassis at the front possible, we have a completely new attachment at the front of the frame on the hybrid chassis (torsion plates). The attachment weighs a total of only 11 grams. This results in a weight saving of over 100 grams compared to the the previously used aluminum blocks. The torsion plates are included in the scope of delivery.
The HYBRID retractable undercarriage is manufactured as standard with side parts made of 4mm carbon and swingarms made of 5.0mm aluminium. In order to ensure smooth operation, especially in connection with carbon, all moving parts are stored in sockets. The chassis is very flat at the front, which enables problem-free scale expansion without having to manipulate the seat pan.
The landing gear is extended and retracted using a servo. A 180 degree HV servo is used here. There must be a power supply of at least 6 volts for the wheel servo in the model.
Before the start, the starting position becomes very easy MANUALLY set. This means that you have to lift the model and pull the wheel forward by hand.
After takeoff, the wheel can be retracted as usual and extended back to the standard position for landing. So you have the right position of the wheel in every situation.
- at the start the wheel is as far forward as possible and counteracts the pitching moment
- when landing, the wheel is at the back and it is possible to land in the center of gravity
- All positions are mechanically absolutely securely kneaded
- Wheel bracket made of stainless steel (1.25 mm thick) with four-point attachment to the swing arms (extremely stable design)
- Wheel cover made of ABS in carbon look, precisely adapted to the tires
- Carbon wheel shoe brake
- Shock-absorbing rubber mounting at the rear
- Frame set front and rear (with allowance left/right/below for molding the actual fuselage geometry)