FES-EZFW SLIM-LINE scale 1:3.5 with wheel 100 mm
Since there are only a few landing gears available on the market for this scale, we addressed the issue and designed a light but stable retractable landing gear. In order to achieve the ground clearance required for FES drives, the steering knuckles were lengthened by 25 mm.
The side parts of the chassis in a scale of 1:3.5 with a 100 mm wheel are made of 4.0 mm GRP (colored black). All milled edges are machined so that these parts do not pose any risk of injury and the feel is very pleasant.
The steering knuckles are made of 4.0 mm high-strength aluminum (AW 7075 T6) and are mirror-polished.
The attachment of the wheel drive servo is new: This is attached to the back between the side panels, which means there is no need for the servo wings on the side. A 10 mm surface servo with 10 kg/cm torque is used at HV. The screw connections for M2 screws are pressed into the GRP as brass inserts.
This design means that the landing gear is very narrow and has enough space in any hull with a scale of 1:3.5.
Weight-optimized and elegant design thanks to CNC-manufactured geometry. Due to the mechanical design, the wheel is firmly locked when extended/retracted. This means that the wheel cannot be extended by centrifugal forces, for example during a loop.
- The glider is fastened firmly between two frames or at the back together with the vibration rubber mount
- The chassis is locked at the front with a crossbar in the main frame
- the installation height of the EZFW in the fuselage is variable
- the moving parts are mounted in brass bushings
The basic equipment consists of:
- the two side parts in 4.0 mm GRP / black
- the two wheel swing arms made of 4.0 mm high-strength aluminum (extended by 30 mm compared to the standard chassis)
- the required spacer bolt
- Servo mount for a 10 mm wing servo with M2 drive-in nuts and matching screws
- the swivel mechanism incl. drive lever
- the required stainless steel screws
- 1 foam rubber wheel 100 mm with aluminum rim
All chassis are modular and can therefore be put together individually.
The following additional equipment for the chassis is optionally available:
- wheel cover
- Wheel thrust brake (the servo for actuating the brake is located in front of the main frame and is pulled using a cord)
- Linkage with two M3 clevises and a CFRP tube over the M3 threaded rod
- Vibration rubber mounting at the rear with small vibration rubbers diameter 15 mm and M4 connection
Weight: the chassis weighs in the standard equipment 355 grams, fully equipped 446 grams. We deliberately accepted a few grams of extra weight in favor of a very stable and durable chassis.
OR: We have now designed this chassis size so that rear shock mounts can be used. For this purpose, the recess for the fastening clip was changed on the front. This attachment now allows the chassis to move upwards by approx. 30 mm on the rear, so that the rubber vibration bearings can work. If the vibration rubbers are not used and the chassis is installed firmly between two frames, the GRP clasp at the front fixes the chassis firmly in the frame.
A notice: In some pictures the chassis can be seen fully equipped. Please note the above scope of delivery.