Canopy mechanics short design 1:2.0 - 1:3.5
It is a universal canopy mechanism for the front Canopy in a shortened design. This can be used if the space conditions do not allow the installation of our canopy mechanism with spring (e.g. if an FES motor narrows the installation space or if the model has a short nose).
This shows the following characteristics:
- made of 3.0 mm GRP (dyed black)
- the canopy is raised by hand and snaps into place at the top point
- to unlock, a spring-loaded pin is pushed to the side and the hood can be lowered by hand
- Weight: 100 grams
- the entire mechanism is glued to the model via a main frame (6 mm aircraft plywood / glued 10 times) and can be removed from the model by removing only 2 screws
- the hood is glued to the underside of the instrument panel with a small piece of wood. The wooden part has a bayonet lock, which is inserted into the arm of the mechanism and screwed to the arm with a central knurled screw. The entire hood can be separated from the model in seconds
- the canopy mechanics can be used universally in the scale 1:3.5-1:2.0
Scope of delivery:
- Hood mechanics fully assembled with locking mechanism
- a wooden frame (front main frame with allowance for fuselage molding)
- Gluing plate for instrument panel (removable)
- bolting material
- The canopy can be completely removed in seconds using a central knurled screw. This is very useful when working on the hood, instrument panel or model (when the hood is in the way). The bayonet lock, which is screwed to the gluing plate, engages in the support arm with a form fit. As a result, the hood sits very stably in the support arm and cannot wobble. After attaching, the hood already holds in the bayonet and can then be fastened with the central screw.
- All components required for installation and operation of the mechanics are supplied. You as the user only have to mold the upper model geometry and transfer it to the main frame. This comes with the appropriate allowance. Positioning and gluing complete the necessary work.
- for models with a two-piece hood, a separate mechanism is available for the rear hood (please inquire via email or contact form)
Installation instructions/operating instructions can be found in the download area with this link