Our disc brake for WEMO chassis is designed as a retrofit kit. As a customer, you can equip an existing chassis from WEMO-EZFW with the brake or, if you purchase a new chassis, have us install the brake at the factory.
All parts required for retrofitting are supplied.
The brake shown here in the great execution is suitable for tire sizes 153 mm, 165 mm, 178 mm.
It can EXCLUSIVELY FEMA wheels can be equipped with disc brakes. Tire sizes 100 mm and smaller are not suitable for retrofitting!
Features of the disc brake are:
Brake pads are milled from brake pad material and glued and sintered to the carriers (the brake pads can be ordered as a spare part)
- Made from AW 7075 T6 (high-strength aluminum) and mirror-polished
- Brake disc made of 2.0 mm stainless steel
- Drilling template with hardened drill bushes for positioning during assembly
- Driver for the disc and the matching screws (especially for screwing with glass fiber reinforced plastic)
- 3 drills for the required holes during assembly
- Spacer for positioning the disc between the steering knuckles
- Fork head M3 with soldering sleeve
- Brass abutment for screwing to the chassis
Advantages of disc brakes are:
Extremely good braking performance
- very good controllability of the braking force
- brakes in all weather conditions, this is particularly advantageous on wet/damp runways
- The brake pad can be adjusted if it wears out (via an easily accessible external grub screw)
- no more wear on the tire due to the wheel shoe brake
Installation is very simple; detailed instructions will guide you through the individual steps.
We also offer the subsequent installation of the brake for our customers. To do this, the chassis must be sent to us.